Triangle NC wine and food lovers - Chehalem dinner with Harry Peterson-Nedry

No relationship with Acme except I live 2 blocks away.

I don’t know when it happened. But at some point, everyone decided that they wanted to be a winemaker. Or, more precisely, the landed gentry who made wine. This is that blurrily focused fantasy filled with maidens frolicking with blousy linen dresses, many golden retrievers, and lots of lavender, daisies, and sunsets. Don’t forget sunsets. And the big house in Napa Valley that quietly screams nobility. Raise your glass. Ahh, the good life.

Somehow the fantasy left out certain realities – the absolute mountain of work, the ridiculous hours, and the blatant fact that you could lose more money than you ever dreamed possible just to have some pretend Hallmark moment. And that your wine might, well, suck. Thus the joke, how do you make a small fortune? Take a large fortune and buy a winery.

Harry Peterson-Nedry somehow got it right. A native of North Carolina and a graduate of UNC, Harry started Chehalem Vineyards in Oregon in 1990 (> http://www.chehalemwines.com> " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;). And now he’s a rock star. In 2004 he was chosen one of the 50 most influential winemakers in the world. And his wines have consistently backed up those accolades. His show stopping Pinot Noirs have become benchmarks for Pinot Noir in America. What more can I say?

Oh, I guess I should say that he’s coming to Acme for dinner. Sunday, November 1st. At 6:30. Happily, he’s bringing his delicious wines along just for us. And we couldn’t be happier. The Acme Wine Dinner with Harry Peterson-Nedry. Menu is below. I imagine that the dinner will sell out rather quickly. Reservations will be accepted by phone only. Please call 919 929 2263 to reserve your seats. Price is $65 per person. It’s going to be great. Sentimental sunsets are, however, not included.

1st Course
Cashew Crusted Carolina Flounder
with Mango over Curried Parsnips
Chehalem Pinot Gris Reserve

2nd Course
Oyster and Scallop Pie
with Leeks, Country Ham and Thyme Biscuit Crust
Chehalem INOX Chardonnay
Chehalem “Ian’s Reserve” Chardonnay

3rd Course
Pan Seared Wild Salmon
with Pear and Fennel Gastrique and Creamed Spinach
Chehalem “3 Vineyard” Pinot Noir

4th Course
Smoked Local Pork
with Wild Mushroom Ragout and Fall Corn Pudding
Chehalem “Reserve” Pinot Noir
Chehalem “Ridgecrest Vineyard” Pinot Noir

Well, that’s all the news from Carrboro. The staff at Acme look forward to serving you soon.

Cheers,

The Staff at Acme
Reservations: 919 929 2263