Top Five Producers in Your Cellar

I think Scott might be our leader in the clubhouse for Board Darlings in the Cellar:

Baudry
Huet
Brovia
Gonon
Clos Rougeard

BAAAAAAAA!!!

Carlisle
Saxum
SQN
Bedrock
Marcassin

Kanonkop
Simonsig
Loma Prieta
Ashbourne
Mvemve Raats
Grangehurst
De Toren

1. Truchot
  2. JJ Prum
  3. Jadot
  4. Dublere
  5. Ridge and Zilliken, tied

Truchot probably won’t last long at #1 as I can still buy Prum but not Truchot. Not buying Jadot at the moment until I can taste the newer wines made since Jacques Lardiere retired. Dublere and Zilliken are moving up fast (Zilliken would be higher but I drink too much of the wines I buy).

Bedrock
Rhys
Kutch
Myriad
Rivers-Marie

An excellent four country list. champagne.gif Too many one country lists.

Hubert Lignier
Jadot
Chevillon
Guigal
Henri Boillot
Chave

Witchery
Scalon Cellars
Bedrock
Rockwell Brown
Bevan

My top 25 by bottle count (in descending order):
Ridge
Produttori del Barbaresco
Sociando Mallet
Christoffel
Grand Puy Lacoste
Cantemerle
JJ Prum
Edmunds St. Johns
SelbachOster
Magdelaine
Chateau Musar
Carbonnieux
Tour St. Bonnet
Felsina
Lanessan
Donnhoff
Lagrange
Calon Segur
Beychevelle
Pichon Lalande
Canon
Roagna
Muga
Branaire Ducru

Hi Jay

Gran Riservas are definitely special occasion for us – I only own a handful. We almost exclusively drink the Riservas, both red and white, and buy heavily in the better vintages. I buy enough so that I can drink some and cellar some. Waiting for the 04 Tondonia Riserva to be released and will buy a lot of that. Just bought a bunch of the 2000 blanco riserva Tondonia which was a pretty good deal for such a great wine at $40.

I bought Gobelsburg heavily in the 2013 vintage – then I converted my prearrival PC purchases into in-stock 2013 Lamm, and so suddenly had even more. I hope to keep my hands off them for a decade at least. We’ll see [cheers.gif]

Sheila countered pretty strongly with Old World darlings:

Baudry
Huet
Brovia
Gonon
Clos Rougeard

1 Like

Well, yes but I was about to say, Clos Rougeard!! That is impressive to be able to buy enough to rank in the top five… instead I hug the miserly few bottles I’ve been able to source and wonder if I’ll ever be able to bring myself to drink them…

I’m surprised to see so much mention of Huet. There should be more showing up in the “What bottle of wine did you open today?” thread.

Thank you Howard! I try to be well rounded - sadly, that goes for my physique more than my mentality. [rofl.gif]

1 Like

Morlet
Wren Hop
Rivers Marie
Outpost
Gamba
Tor
Altamura
Hestan
Kosta Browne
Aubert

Chandon de Briailles
Baudry
Arnot-Roberts
Produttori del Barbaresco
Joseph Roty (not an absolute favorite, but found a couple of cases of Marsannay at ridiculous prices)

Closely followed by:
Lionnet
Jasmin
Rhys
Raffault

B Mascarello
Cavallotto
G Mascarello
E Grasso
Brovia/Produttori

This surprised me, actually:

1. Moet (Dom)