Rivers-Marie
Seghesio
Sojourn

Dauvissat
Bertheau
Fevre
Billaud-Simon
Hudelot-Noellat

This is a fascinating top 5 (at least to me). Do you buy LdH across the range? I’ve only had their Gran Riservas, which have crept up in price a lot recently and are pretty firmly in the special occasion category.

Also, I wish Schloss Gobelsburg was in my top 5. We drink them too fast.

Giacosa
Giacomo Conterno
Cappellano
(tie) Gaja/Sandrone/Massolino (Rionda Riserva only)/B. Mascarello (dominantly MT’s wines)/G. Rinaldi

Pepiere
Chandon De Brailles
Huet
Roilette
Texier

Jadot
Rhys
Gonon
Hudelot Noellat
Huet
and just one bottle behind Huet
#6 Drouhin

Dehlinger
Ch. des Tours/Rayas
Guillemot
Chave
Bertheau

1 Like

Pierre morey (>130)
Rousseau (>110)
Leroy / Auvenay (>110)
Dugat (~90)
Faiveley (~90)

Donnhoff (by a very wide margin)
Selbach-Oster
J. J. Prum
Rhys
Edmunds St. John

It drops off quite a bit to #6, Willi Schaefer.

1 Like
  1. Chateau Musar (25 bottles) - This producer is always going to have some space in my cellar. I fell in love with Musar while working at a small wine store in Southwest Harbor, ME. I imagine that at some point all the wines pre-1995 will reach a point where I can’t afford to back-fill. Until that time…I’m buying them as often as I can afford to. Reds, Whites, & Rose…the only thing I need is a sparkler & I’m a happy man.
  2. Bartlett (16 bottles & 7 pending) - I personally know the winemaker. I think of Bob & Kathe as people that are more akin to surrogate aunts & uncles than friends. At some point he’ll retire and piecemeal off the winery…and I’ll have to buy a BUNCH of his wines all at once to have enough to last until I retire. However, my girlfriend likes the wines…and as long as she’s on board for a large purchase. I’ll gladly justify adding a few more cases of his wine.
  3. Patricia Green Cellars (20 bottles) - Jim & Patty make great wines…I have a bottle of 2005 Etzel Block that I’ve been saving in the cellar and I think it might finally be on the chopping block when I turn 40 next year.
  4. Thomas (17 bottles & 1 pending) - I’ve only been buying since 2010, but these are wines are becoming essential Oregon wines in the cellar for me. The more I get in the cellar the easier it seems to age them…so I’m really looking forward to getting a few more vintages under my belt and in the cellar.
  5. Produttori del Barbaresco (14 & 1 pending) - Year-in-year-out. There’s very few wines that offer the same quality & value that these Reservas do.
  6. Château Les Ormes de Pez (15 bottles) - My “value” Bordeaux that is a constant reminder that you don’t have to buy only 1st Growths to enjoy the great wines of Bordeaux. I’ve had a few bottles of the '82 in the past year and every time it was clear that it’s still a value when you can find it for sale.

Bedrock
Carlisle
Sojourn
Myriad
Quivet
EMH

Intriguing to read the preferences here on the forum. Not amazed to see so much Cali, but you won’t find it here:

Huet
Cameron
Eyrie
Rasa
Selbach-Oster

Followed closely by a virtual tie between:

L. Aubry Fils
Vincent
Baumard
Jos. Christoffel Jr.
Beaucastel

Arcadian (@20% of our holdings)
Rhys
Rochioli
Schrader
Boislauzon

I expected to see a lot of Rhys and I am.

The responses are adding some flesh to my image of the “board darlings.”

I think there are also a lot of examples of proof that mailing lists work for producers.

It’s always interesting.

JJ Prüm
Arrowood
Huet
Graham’s
Chappellet

Wish I could claim Ponsot, but they’re probably the honorable mention.

Stony Hill
Cameron Hughes
Bevan
Shafer
Etude

Rhys
Bedrock
Littorai
Ridge
Rivers-Marie

Grivot
Fourrier