Top 5 burgs you would store for the next 10 years

Have received Chandon De Briailles - Pernand Vergelesses but haven’t had it yet.

Generally need time - bouquet is fabulous sometimes when palate is still closed. But, matures wonderfully. Best value is Ille des Vergelesses.

Thanks, Dinesh.

Thanks, Howard. We are heading out at the end of the month to Burgundy, Rhone and Piedmont. We couldn’t work out a date and time with Claude at Chandon De Briailles or we would have tasted with her. Again, appreciate the recommendations on places to visit and restaurants in Burgundy.

hilarious.

Lots of great suggestions here. If I had to pick 5 with a max of $125, I’d go with

Lafarge Beaune Greves
Chandon de Briailles Corton-Bressandes (Clos du Roi, if you can get a deal)
Drouhin Beaune Clos des Mouches
Robert Chevillion Nuits Les Cailles
JF Mugnier Nuits Clos de la Marechal

If not for the extremely low availability, I’d have to add the Pierre Guillemot Corton. There are a number of worthy choices in lower price ranges, many listed in this thread, but those are my top choices.

Maybe I should open it :wink: Love Barthod, won’t say no

Thanks all for your thoughts. This forum is always a lot of fun.

This thread went on a slightly different direction than I had intended to, a helpful one nonetheless :slight_smile:. I often hear people say something along the lines of

• if I could go back in time, I would have bought truck load of wine x
  • if I was under the age of x, I would be buying wine x in cases

So I wanted to see what are the wines people would chose to stock up if they were stocking up for the next few decades. It was less about help me pick wines. Obviously when people share their thoughts, it makes you look into those wines.

A great recommendation if you’re looking for whites. One of my favourite relative “values” in premier cru white burgundy.