Top 10 Rose List for Summer

Cheap, refreshing, and somewhere around Spatlese-ish sweet…

http://www.wine-searcher.com/find/heritage+jersey+blush+new+usa

• NV Heritage Station Winery Jersey Blush - USA, New Jersey, Outer Coastal Plain (5/28/2016)
    If you served me this blind (and blindfolded so I didn’t see the color), I might confuse this with a Kabinett or Spatlese from an off year if it weren’t for the hint of strawberry. This is simply a fun little flavorful wine to drink. It has enough acidity and tartness to separate it from the average $10 wine. I guess we’re lucky we only live 30 minutes from the winery. (86 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Hatzidakis rose
Pares Balta “R” (Penedes)
Ametzoi txakolina Rubentis
Bodegas Los bermejos Lanzarote rose

A friend brought a bottle of 2012 Angelicall last night. Superb. Trying to find something similar I can get around here in the Bay Area at a cheaper price point.

We drink Triennes Rose and the unfortunately named My Essential Rose all year round. Both Rose’s make me very happy. Drinking Triennes right now.

Would love to see some more roses listed. I didn’t like rose until a couple of years ago, and am still wary to try most of the wines at the grocery store. I’ve had good luck with CA producers I recognize such as Sanford which is widely available at Total Wine.

Here are a few I think way over deliver

La Bastide Blanche Bandol
Dm Les Aphillanthes CdR
Edmunds St John Bone Jolly
Unti
Vinca Minor
Dm Vissoux Beaujolais