Today's Game: UPS vs The Mrs.

the most dangerous game

My wife doesn’t like it when the wine is delivered, but she doesn’t mind at all when the cork is popped.

Bingo

Josh just owned this thread.

Wife also tracking your shipment, and decides to leave precisely when it gets there to make you think you won…as she deviously hides her Jimmy Choo shoe purchases…

So who won again?

This is some next level stuff, implying that she knew. But suppose I knew that she knew. Maybe the UPS game was a diversion for the Fedex shipment that I coordinated with Josh…

(hangs head)

She knew all along.

Yikes. I should share some of my middle aged money pit hobbies with you!

(don’t forget college prep kids!)

I play the game a bit different. I have the boxes held at UPS. Pick them up on the way home. Leave them in the car. Try to move them in undetected later in the night.

OMG. The streams have crossed twice in a row. First is was Alfert, now Cooper. I have five years on you. Those are good ideas and I have a few extra rules. When we go to vineyards or large tastings and there are buying opportunities, she gets to make all decisions. After a while, she even takes ownership of a few wineries and they are “her” wineries. Black Sears and Benovia.

For years, I had a hard time figuring out when my wife would like a white Burgundy and when she would not. Seemed totally unrelated to whether I liked the wine or not. However, over the past several years, we have made a few trips to Burgundy and she likes the wines from every white Burgundy producer we have visited. Works for reds also, but not as dramatically. Even works for California wines - as a result of two visits to Stony Hill, she likes those wines also.

Since typically I set up visits when we travel and I generally only set them up at places I like (occasionally we will try something I am curious about), this works out really well.

Alfert made one huge mistake in this regard. He let his wife go to Ovid.

Yes. Going to the winery is a good part of taking “ownership” of a wine. Except there was that time in 1976 when it was really hot, we had no air conditioning, and we drove to Brotherhood winery. Neither of us took ownership of that.

This thread is long overdue. champagne.gif

That’s funny, until you have to start intercepting boxes from your associates…

I knew there was a reason you always pick up!
[winner.gif]

My front desk staff are all married. They abhor the sight of brown or purple or yellow, whichever the color of the pants of the delivery agent lugging my cases in. At least no work comp claims for low back strain yet… Usually a bottle from one of these
Boxes helps.

That’s risky…

“He let his wife go to Ovid”? Geesh, Howard, you have more than one issue. Does your wife get to sit in the front seat?

Merrill, there is just something wrong with you. There is a whole thread on Robert’s wife going to Ovid and the consequences to him from that you apparently know nothing about. I have been happily married for almost 38 years and likely will be married to the same person for the rest of my life. I have a strong independent wife. From what I know about Robert (he and I pm often), he has a strong independent wife and has been married a long time. We are all fine.

I don’t know you or want to know you, but you very much seem like a person with severe emotional issues. I feel sorry for you, but I don’t want to deal with your lashing out anymore. I cannot remember a thread that you contributed positively to in a way I will miss, so I have decided to stop dealing with you and put you on ignore. I hope that you can get the emotional help you clearly need.

All wine is sent directly to my off site storage facility.

I have all my wine delivered to the office. The mailroom guy calls my deliveries “juice boxes”.