Today's Game: UPS vs The Mrs.

Wine? What wine? This is an indoor igloo for the kids.

OMG - I play this game at least 3x a week!!

Hilarious.

John

Wow. Just enough to get through the weekend? champagne.gif

Hate to say this, but sometimes that is why a person can still be single. Sometimes need to take one of something for non of something else. Unfortunately. Tradeoffs suck sometimes.

My wife loves wine, going to wineries, will sometimes come to tasting dinners with me, and all of that. Yet nonetheless, she is somewhere between annoyed and horrified at the amount of money I spend and the number of bottles we have. So we have our share of the cat and mouse game that goes on, the occasional flare-up, and so forth.

I stand my ground. Wine is too important to me, and would be to the relationship, to overlook.
Sitting in a nice restaurant, eating beautiful food, and not being able to share our thoughts about the beverage, would not work for me.

I do get the occasional annoyed look or moderately ruffled feather or three, but as long as I stay on/near budget it is ok. Also, not having wine every night goes a long way. That can be annoying for me, but she is right that I don’t need to have alcohol every night. With only 1 drinker in the house that could become a problem.

I understand your point of view. I am thankful that my wife is as much of a foodie as I am. We’ve shared some great meals together.

Exactly! A colleague of mine some years back was a wine critic on the side, so he got a lot of deliveries at the office. One day the receptionist came to me and said, “I’m worried that X has a drinking problem.”

I always love how you guys make my wine buying seem so reasonable by comparison. [thankyou.gif] [drinkers.gif]

Ha ha! I’ve definitely played this game many times. Then it’s a mad scramble to get the wine in your cellar and try to breakdown the cardboard before she gets home. Yet another reason why styrofoam sucks. So hard to get rid of the evidence :wink:

Styrofoam, smh. Check out this classic WB thread on that topic.

I hope so, since many of those shipments come to her office. champagne.gif

I should have been addressing these to you all along! :slight_smile:

Big haircut though

I’m confused. Is this UPS vs The Mrs, or is it The Mr vs The Mrs ?

Remind me to never introduce you to my wife. neener

[divorce.gif]

That’s about the size of my entire collection!

Good point. Pat B’s vig is prolly worse than WineBid.