TNs Weekend Wines: Cliff Lede, Bahans HB, Copain and a few more

• 2007 Cliff Lede Cabernet Sauvignon Imagine Rhapsody - USA, California, Napa Valley (7/18/2011)
    Thick, chewy and huge. Lots of blackberry and blueberry on the nose with a good dose of vanilla. Some black cherry on the mid palate.It took an hour in the glass to calm down and then it really started to perform nicely. The heat started to dissapate after about 45 minutes. This is a fruit bomb. Love it or leave it. Or like it, which I did. Very easy to drink. (91 pts.)
  • 1995 Château Bahans Haut-Brion - France, Bordeaux, Graves, Pessac-Léognan (7/18/2011)
    The fruit profile was mostly mature cherry and cassis. The secondary flavors were tobacco, with some cedar and loamy soil. The tannins were firm and the finish was somewhat dry. The fruit is still young but I am not sure that it will get better with age. Great nose on this wine if you like Bordeaux. (87 pts.)
  • 2002 Yalumba The Signature - Australia, South Australia, Barossa, Barossa Valley (7/16/2011)
    Great blend of earthy , mature cab with black fruit structure of the shiraz. Time to frink up as it started to get prune on the finish. (91 pts.)
  • 2008 Vineyard 29 Cabernet Sauvignon Cru - USA, California, Napa Valley, St. Helena (7/16/2011)
    Blueberry pie. Instant gratification. Not overly complex but fun to drink. A crowd pleaser in a non-wine crowd. (90 pts.)
  • 2005 Copain Syrah Hawks Butte Vineyard - USA, California, North Coast, Yorkville Highlands (7/16/2011)
    Upon opening had some musty and funkiness that blew off in about 30 minutes, This was a 375ml. The fruit underneath was black raspberry, plum, blackberry. There was an earthiness that didn’t get in the way. MY first thought was the purity of the fruit. Crisp and clean fruit with laser focus. I think that I opened this wine too young and it could merit a better score in a few years. (89 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker