TNs: Some Recent Italians

Gini Soave Classico 2006:
Perfumed and fresh, with a waxy, rich texture. Stone fruits, honeysuckle, mint and a generous portion of minerals make up this pleasant wine. Not my favorite Soave but a nice version. 87 points

Moccagatta Barbaresco Bric Balin 2005 (375ml):
Wild strawberries and flowers on the nose. Focused and balanced and very feminine. Ground spices and black cherries with a touch of shaved chocolate. Really tasty with my dinner of orzo, spicy Italian sausage, roasted peppers and tomatoes. 91 points

Tenuta Delle Terre Nere Guardiola 2006:
One of the most pleasurable drinks I have had in a while. Delicious, fragrant nose that jumps right out of the glass. Brambly red and black fruits mixed with crushed rocks, roasted espresso, spices and sap. The finish is expressive and lingers long enough to make you ponder what you are drinking. Yeah, its good. 93 points

Tua Rita Rosso di Notri 2007:
Probably the best, and most exotic, version of this wine I have had yet. Roasted meats, freshly cut herbs, lip-smacking red fruits, tobacco leaf, pencil lead and a well-placed razor sharp whip of acidity. This is a good wine. I am going to grab another bottle and try it next to the '05 to see the differences. 91 points