TNs from Barcelona Restaurants

My wife and I spent a week in Barcelona over the Holidays. We dined at two restaurants - Spoonik and Con Gracia - both which were nice places with an interesting take on local cuisine. Spoonik was pretty crazy in that they sync music and other audio-visuals with each course. I decided to do a wine pairing at each restaurant, so here are the notes below. Nothing too formal, but thought to share.

At Restaurant Spoonik (all Catalan wines)
2016 La Socarrada - D.O Penedés
Straw like color. Light golden pear, hint of honeydew and vegetable notes. Good acidity and minerality but with a bitter finish.

2016 Josep Foraster – D.O. Conca de Barberá
Light red in color almost pink. Bouquet of strawberries and raspberries. Fine acidity with a hint of vegetal notes. A catalan pinot nior.

2014 Horafosca - D.O Penedés
Pale yellow color. Beautiful nose of white citrus - peach, golden pear with magnolia, touch of cinnamon. Good fruit on the palate. A bit short on the finish but fine acidity. Catalonia white burgundy!

2013 Textures de Pedra – Conca del Riu Anoia
A sparkling with 2 white grapes and 3 reds. Floral notes with spices and slate; not very complex. Short finish - kinda flat. Not particularly memorable. Wouldn’t want another glass.

At Restaurant Con Gracia
2016 Leirana Albariño
Pale straw in color. White peach, crisp pear. Touch of magnolia. Fresh white fruit, banana, touch of salt with good acidity.

2013 Portal del Montsant Santbru Blanc
Golden yellow. Ripe apricot, oily, hint of lemongrass and sea salt. Quite structured and balanced with good minerality. Tad short on the finish.

2016 Pago del Vicario Rose
100% petit verdot. Ruby red in color. Cool red fruit; strawberries, raspberries - burgundian like. Sweet on the finish, lacking acidity. Interesting rose - nothing like I’ve ever tasted, but not a fan.

2015 Ritme
Whoa! Big wine. Nose of ripe plums, dark cherries, pepper. Quite tannic, lots of candied red fruit, not very complex. Not my type of wine.

2016 Pago del Vicario Merlot
Dark ruby red. Nose of damp forest floor with a hint of smoke and red fruit. Ripe red fruit laced with chocolate. Sweet finish.

Food pics, please…