TNs: A few from Saturday night

• 2007 Inman Family Pinot Gris - USA, California, Sonoma County, Russian River Valley (6/13/2009)
    13.1% alcohol. I like how this wine has gone with another year on it. A light, crisp, and refreshing white that has a really elegant structure about it but an assertive fruit and interesting complexity. This has always been my favorite Inman Family PG, and it will actually be interesting to see how it goes in bottle for a little while longer. A-
  • 2008 Copain Tous Ensemble - USA, California, North Coast, Anderson Valley (6/13/2009)
    13.4% alcohol. Terrific salmon pink color. Fragrant nose of watermelon, minerals, and a floral note. In the mouth, racy but juicy at the same time. A rose that grabs your attention. Nice acidity keeps it focused. Juicy finish. This is really something. Hard to know what to say, seeing a rose with such elegance but simultaneous concentration. A-
  • N.V. Ruinart Champagne Brut Rosé - France, Champagne (6/13/2009)
    12.5% alcohol. Still singing. A lovely pink color, with that exuberant bouquet of strawberry and cherry, with a mineral and yeasty backbone. A laser beam on the palate, unfolding beautiful layers of fruit and structure. Bright acidity. Long finish. A refreshing joy to drink. A-

Posted from CellarTracker

Tom,

I had Kathleen’s '07 Pinot Gris at Family Winemakers and your note is spot on. What a fantastic crisp and bright white wine, and what I see universally in Inman wines is a great nose - lots of sweet fruit and floral almost universally, which, since it is the first component you notice (other than color), matters quite a bit in my book.

Ooh yeah, I dig that '07 Inman PG, too. All out, but they were fun.
Got turned on to that one at Dry Creek Kitchen in Healdsburg last summer. Nice notes Tom.

AH…an Inman thread. Appropriate to pull me out of lurkerdom after all of the broohaha of the past few weeks in wine board land.
Agree on all of the Inman Pinot Gris comments…totally reliable. Tom - I was more of an 05 guy than an 07 guy, but the 07 is probably my second fav.
I have every vintage going back to 04 in the back of my cellar as a little science project…I’m anxious to see how they fare with more bottle age, although I recently had an 06 that was in a weird stage. Lots of malo in evidence, yet only a small portion of the final blend actually sees malo. Maybe when that initial verve-ey fruit fades it needs some longer term cellaring for things to pull together (?)
Excellent notes as usual Tom.

NIce idea for a “project” Scott.
Would like to hear how that turns out.

Scott – very interesting about the 2006. And the 2005 is really awesome … you’re right, a bit hard to choose! Funny that you’ve kept all since 2004 … I have done the same. Looking forward to doing a vertical of that. Perhaps we could coordinate? Or, heck, I really ought to make it to Philly one of these days … Glad you’re back! Inman doesn’t get enough play on the BBs. Very, very fine wines.

Capital idea there my man. I might even be able to scare up a few bottles of wine for the occasion. [cheers.gif]