TNs: 1996 Louis Jadot Les Petits Monts, 1996 Clos des Lambrays, Agrapart, Niellon...

Had some wines this weekend with my brother in town. A few of the standouts.

• 1996 Domaine des Lambrays Clos des Lambrays - France, Burgundy, Côte de Nuits, Clos des Lambrays Grand Cru (12/18/2011)
    Another great showing. This '96 Lambrays just slays me. Beautiful, earthy, perfumed nose. There’s something haunting about the fragrance of on Lambrays. Such a presence on the palate. Layers of expressive, slightly sappy fruit. Just great again.
  • 1996 Louis Jadot Vosne-Romanée 1er Cru Les Petits Monts - France, Burgundy, Côte de Nuits, Vosne-Romanée 1er Cru (12/18/2011)
    Beautiful sous bois nose. Wet earth, aged pinot fruit and a terrific Vosne spice element. Ripe cherry, touch of bright acidity on the palate. Could taste and taste the finish. A very fine Petits Monts that was really drinking well last night.
  • 2005 Domaine Michel Niellon Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru Les Champgains - France, Burgundy, Côte de Beaune, Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru (12/18/2011)
    This really took some coaxing to bring it out. Rich and supple. Rather creamy texture. Some oak notes. I would like more acid to bolster some of the richness here, but a very good 1er that needs more time, ideally.
  • NV Agrapart & Fils Champagne Les 7 Crus Blancs de Blancs Brut - France, Champagne (12/18/2011)
    Lemon and sweet caramel notes. Really tight bubbles that I look for in Agrapart. Popping acidity.more yeasty as it warms and opens. Not especially deep, but nice, punchy bubbly here. Great buy and killer with the Foie w/ Black Truffles.

Posted from CellarTracker

couldn’t agree more with your note about the 96 lambrays… thx!

I really like that Agrapart 7 Crus. Good stuff and not hideously expensive. There have been several positive notes on the drinkability of '96 Red Burgs over the past few months here. Very encouraging to see.

Thanks guys. I’m a but of a new convert to Agrapart thanks to Liotta.
This 7crus was really on last night.
'96 Jadot Suchots was pretty sublime, too, couple months ago.