TN: TroonVnyd Cotes du Kubli '19....(short/boring)

Tried the Rhone blanc last night:

1. TroonVnyd Cotes du Kubli CowhornVnyd ApplegateVlly/OR (13.4%; 42% Viognier/35% Marsanne/23% Roussanne; www.TroonVineyard.com; Demeter certified/Sustainably farmed) TroonVnyd/GrantsPass/OR 2019: Med.yellow color; strong Viog/pear/floral/gardenias/honeysuckle some perfumed talc/chalky quite pretty nose; lightly tart/tangy some rich/lush strong Viog/floral/gardenias/honeysuckle/pear some spicy/perfumed talc quite lovely flavor maybe a bit off-dry; very long/lingering strong pear/Viog/floral some perfumed talc finish; really quite a pretty/attractive Rhone blanc. $29.00 (KK)

More cipplerick from TheBloodyPulpit:

1. Troon is Regenerative Organic Certified (whatever that means) and TablasCreek is the other one in the US. Troon fits the (whatever) definition of a natural wine. Yet I have never found even a trace of funky/natty character in their wines. See…it can be done Mr.Lladabor!!
    Tom
2 Likes

I really enjoyed the Troon wines when I visited there in June as well as at the recent Bay Area Rhone Rangers tasting.

Craig and Nate are producing some fantastic wines up near Ashland, OR. Their commitment to the land is pretty stellar - they’ve taken Tablas Creek’s model and applied it up there.

I will say that I’ve not been enamored or blown away by all of their wines thus far but have enjoyed quite a few.

Cheers