TN: Three New Turley Petite Sirahs....(short/boring)

We tried last night at Laura’s Pig+Fig three new Turley PetiteSirahs:

1. Turley RW CasaNuestra/NapaVlly (15.8%; Petite Syrah/Zinfandel/Alicante/Carignane/Napa Gamay/Négrette/Mourvèdre/Refosco/Chenin Blanc; OldVine) StHelena 2022: Very dark/near black color; very strong blackberry/very ripe/boysenberry strong PS/peppery strong toasty/oak rather complex very perfumed nose; lightly tart fairly intense blackberry/boysenberry/spicy/peppery some toasty/oak rather complex flavor w/ ample chewey tannins; very long/lingering perfumed finish that follows the flavor; a pretty rugged red that speaks some of PS; lots of ripe/soft tannins; a great addition to the Turley portfolio. $42.00

1. Turley PetiteSirah PesentiVnyd/PasoRobles (14.9%) Templeton 2022: Very dark/black color; strong blackberry/ripe/PS/bit peppery slight PR jammy/ripe light toasty/oak quite ripe nose; bit soft ripe/lush strong boysenberry/blackberry/ripe/plummy/slight PR jammy light toasty/oak flavor w/ modest soft/ripe tannins; very long soft finish that follows flavor; a bit softer & simpler PS than the TurleyEstate but doesn’t shout of PR jammy/overripe fruit. $44.00

1. Turley PetiteSirah TurleyEstate/NapaVlly (14.8%) StHelena 2022: Very dark/black color; very strong blackberry/boysenberry/PS/fairly peppery quite spicy more classic/PS/peppery/bit licorice more interesting bit more oafish more high-toned/fragrant more spicy nose; slightly soft very rich/lush intense blackberry/boysenberry/ripe PS/very spicy/bit licorice strong toasty/oak rather perfumed flavor w/ ample chewey tannins; very long finish that follows the flavor w/ ample chewey tannins; rather more complex & structured than the Pesenti; a pretty rugged PS that needs more age; as good as it gets for NapaVlly PS. $44.00

More prittlefurq from TheBloodyPulpit:

1. The Casa Nuestra is a new wine for Turley. This comes from a very old field blend vnyd in the NapaVlly. Lots of intermixed PS & Zin, plus the other usual cast of characters.
    I’ve always liked the Turley PS’s. They tend to show more perfume & fragrance & less of the oafish side of PS. The Hayne is, of course, their flagship that shows more structure & needs more age. Actually, I think I like this Turley Estate as much as the Hayne.
    I like visiting the Pesenti tasting room. It has that old-timey feel still that I remember from yrs ago when it was the old Pesenti Wnry. And often Frank Pesenti was actually pouring the wine. Back in the '70’s. He was an outgoing/folksy kind of guy you couldn’t help but like. Alas, the wines was pretty rustic and not always the best. But, danged, I miss those Reidel Shot Glasses he used to serve in. Turley should provide token shot glasses at their tasting room for us who like to trip down memory lane.
    Tom
5 Likes

Appreciate the notes. I snagged three of the Casa Nuestra in this most recent release.

You did very good, David. I only got this one btl.
Tom