TN (sort of) 2003 Clarendon Hills Brookman Shiraz

Well…I have probably had more Aussie monster shiraz than most humans should. I expected this one to be one of them. Popped it…and Holy SHIT the nose almost made me drop it. Seriously. Made me go cross eyed and actually curse. My wife thought I spilled it. This had the most obnoxiously enormous nose Ive ever smelled in a wine. So intense and huge that it just smelled like snorting actual wine. Not any good actually. Couldnt tell one thing from another. The only name I could put to it was olive tapenade…and crazy ass fruit. I should have poured it back in the decanter but nooooo I had to take a sip, which I swallowed before I could spit it out. Again, never had I put such an intense wine in my mouth. It felt like taking a good full throttle shiraz (unless youre one of those people for whom this is an oxymoron) like Mitolo GAM and hitting both turbo boost and nitrose oxide at the same time.
So…today is day two…
Still some olive tapenade, some oak, and some bright red fruits, flowers. The palate is still enormous with lots of everything…acidity, red fruits, blueberries, oak, pepper, and this all feels tight. Lots of tannin but hidden behind the intensity…they are drying though. The alcohol also comes in after the intensity dies down.
I dont know what to make of its future except that its VERY far away. This thing sat on an uncovered decanter all night and all day at room temp btw. Holy crap…