TN" Solminer Dry Riesling '18...Take Two...(short/boring)

Had this wine Wed w/ this TN:

The wine was so bizarre (but not unlikable) that I was sure I must have had an off btl. So I retried it last night:

1. Solminer Dry Riesling CoquelicotVnyd/LosOlivosDist (13%; 194 cs; www.Solminer.com) 2018: Med.light yellow color; very fragrant floral/R/mango/pineapple light stony/chalky/perfumed talc lovely Calif R nose; quite tart/tangy/bit steely light floral/R/mango/pineapple light chalky/flinty/perfumed talc quite attractive if a bit quiet flavor; very long light floral/R/mango light chalky/perfumed talc finish; not a profound R but an altogether pretty floral SBC R; reminds me some of a R from Austria’s Niederoesterreich like IngridGroiss. $34.00

A wee BloodyPulpit:

1. So this go-around, the R was much more like what I expected and vastly different from the first btl I tried. Whot happened?? I have no idea, but probably a flawed cork. The first wine was not what I’d call a bad btl…just vastly different than I expected. Actually, I liked the first btl a little better…more interesting. Sorta like how I find Quasimodo such an endearing character.
    Tom

I was totally blown away by your other note, which caused me to doubt my own tasting notes from our visit there in 2018. So a few weeks ago we opened the 2016 Dry Riesling (no vineyard named IIRC) and it was a really gorgeous Riesling that reminded me quite a bit of a good Austrian. Friends who are Riesling fans were also very intrigued.

Good to know it was an off bottle but still confusing!