TN: Snowin' Rosés

Clos Cibonne, Cotes de Provence, Tibouren Rosé, Cuvée Spéciale des Vignettes,2011
What better way to celebrate the first snows of late autumn than to spark a rosé?! There’s nothing like watching the snow gently fall as you ponder a coppery-salmon colored wine that sees time under flor. Bright rounded fruit of saline strawberry-watermelon, grilled peach, with a slight bit of iodine and only the faintest of Sherry-like oxidation come out to play. Fruitier and slightly riper than the more austere 2010 and a bit fresher tasting, but not lacking in the acidity department make this such a compelling and joyous wine to drink. And pink looks pretty darn nice against a white backdrop. Let it snow! 13.5% A-/A

Drinking current vintage Triennes Rose right now as I enjoy a 20+ degree temperature drop from yesterday to today in New Jersey. I have a few bottles left and my LWS has more on the shelf for a great price. Tough to pass up that kind of value for everyday drinking no matter what the temperature. That said, would rather be drinking this wine in 80 degree weather.