TN: ScythianWineCo Revolution '22....(short/boring)

Tried this new wine last night:

1. ScythianWineCo Revolution CucamongaVlly (13%; 70% Zin/30% Palomino) ParrWines/Orcutt 2022: Med.dark color; strong quite earthy/loamy/mushroomy rather coarse/hot-climate/grapey little Zin fruit rather dusty/OV light toasty/Fr.oak bit pungent (probably contributed by the nearby Ontario Airport) rather dull nose; bit spritz/petillant grapey/very hot climate/coarse little Zin fruit off-dry slight toasty/oak quite dull flavor w/ little tannins; med.short hot-climate/dull finish; a sorta old-timey Zin that reminds a lot of Filippi or Guglilemo wnes; a dull-as-dishwater hot-climae Zin; you can’t make a silk-purse out of a sow’s ear even if you’re a famous winmaker; pretty much a trash wine made by a very competent winemaker; overpriced at $30.00 (KK)

More gurglesnort from TheBloodyPulpit:

1. This is a project of RajParr to highlight the old vnyds of the CucamongaVlly. One source identifies it as a cooperative effort between Parr and Envinate, the importing arm of JosePastor wines. Another source identifies it as a cooperative effort between Parr and AbeSchoener. I tend to think the latter is correct. This is, of course, a natural wine, but shows no natty nor mousey character. The CarolShelton Cucamonga Zin from the Lopez Vnyd was a much better wine than this. If famous Cucamonga wines from the 1940’s are your thing, than this wine’s for you. Otherwise, I’m not sure this Cucamonga Vlly grapes are worth saving.
    Tom
1 Like

I’ve got a bottle of the Cucamonga “Homage” bottling, which is 80% Alicante Bouschet and 20% Palomino… your notes aren’t exactly getting me fired up to open it up.

I really enjoyed this wine. It’s light bodied and I thought it had a lot of bright fruit and great energy. I’ve also enjoyed the Scar of the Sea wines from Lopez Vineyard, in the same area as the Scythian wines.

I wonder if Tom’s bottle was heat damaged or otherwise flawed - I got zero spritz/petillant in my bottle. Actually I’ve had this twice with consistent results and it never showed signs of secondary fermentation.

1 Like

The petiallant was just a sort of tingle on the front of the palate… not very strong.
It just had a coarse/hot-climate character I just didn’t care much for.
Tom