TN: Saturday night wines

• 2006 Wildhurst Chardonnay Reserve - USA, California, North Coast, Lake County (4/12/2009)
    As one dimensional as they come. Golden in the glass…not as much in the mouth. Sweet oak, vanilla and cream. Not much in terms of fruit, except for the faintest hint of roasted tropical fruits. It’s not a bad wine, it’s just boring. Its major crime is costing about $3-$5 more than other wines sharing the exact same profile. (79 pts.)
  • 2006 L’Esprit de Chevalier - France, Bordeaux, Graves, Pessac-Léognan (4/11/2009)
    Decanted about an hour and a half before trying. In the glass it is a dark and vivid crimson. Gives off faint aroma of tapenade, pencil lead, black cherry. In the mouth it is tightly woven and unyielding. There are currant, plum, leather and mineral notes all backed by a more than decent acidity and assertive tannins. This needs a few years in bottle to soften up a bit. Has quite a bit of promise. (89 pts.)
  • 2003 Château Pibran - France, Bordeaux, Médoc, Pauillac (4/11/2009)
    Splash decanted and consumed immediately. What a “surprise”, another 03 that’s super ripe and warm. But wait, this one has a bit of acidity to tone down the intense dark chocolate, creme de cassis and roast meat notes. It is quite black in the glass and offers up aromas of chocolate ganache, bacon and sweet spices. The finish is long and sweet with the oak popping up a bit in the end. This is good to go now and will probably remain so for the next few years. Just don’t see it evolving into anything more. (88 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

That sounds like quite a bottle of wine for $5!

More like $7.33 in my case. [rolleyes.gif]

[beatoff.gif]

And still cheaper than my $7.54 - that’s why I decanted mine.

[rofl.gif] [good.gif]

[rofl.gif]