TN: Rhone Dinner with Sir Charles Redux

I lost my allocation in the 2012 vintage, so now just sitting on the Rougeard I own, and now fear to drink! :wink:

Juge is easier to source!

Thatā€™s because you know a bunch of grumpy people like me who bought it for much less, and feel it is almost immoral to pay that much for Saumur. Even world-class Saumur.

Also, Nathan, you are wrong about your relatively recent 2002 experience. We drank a 2002 Bourg together in 2016 at the first Southern Jeeb. I brought it, and life was good. It was still pretty young seeming, if I recall.

Oh, youā€™re right. I thought I had and relied on CellarTracker to guide me and it said no. Certainly other 2002s Iā€™ve had have been young seeming so that must be part of my general memory. Isnā€™t it hilarious that weā€™re the grumpy old men now.

Yes, although Charlie likes to remind me that I am barely older than him. I just feel old, which is actually worse.

Also, I am currently 50-50 on selling my entire cellar except for the Muscadet and Chinon. Itā€™s just fermented grape juice after all, and the kid needs new shoes.

Donā€™t forget to keep the corked chenin.

And even more so for WS high! [snort.gif]

Bruce

I am here for this.

I canā€™t tell you how tempted Iā€™ve been to do something similar the last few years.