TN: Quivet Cellars 2007 Cabernet Sauvignon "Spring Mountain District"

I started my wine journey with Napa Cab and Bordeaux … and moved on from this to Zinfandel, Burgundy and Rhone. Zinfandel is the only variety that remains a staple for me (along with California Pinot and Rhone Rangers), although I do stumble across these old flings in the cellar. Today it was the Napa Cab. My note:

14.9% alcohol. Deep ruby red. Red fruit and spice aromas. Rich, deep, intense and ripe Cabernet flavors. Lingering aftertaste. This is a quintessential Napa Cab in the best sense of the word.

What I really like about this wine is the Cab typicity with great depth and balance in a rich, round style. The tannins are integrating, the fruit is still vibrant and this wine has years ahead of it.

I’ve been purchasing a bit more cab lately (Ridge, Corison and Arnot-Roberts). Maybe I need to reconsider this producer as well.

Thanks for the update. I have a lone bottle, which I’m hoping to put in a tasting of 2007 mountain cabs this fall. Sounds like I’m in for a good wine.

I’m a strong believer in Mike Smith’s Myriad and Quivet labels.

The wines he produces, do indeed… not suck!!!

+1 for this. At times I am amazed at the sheer finesse, brilliance in his wines.