TN: NV Tarlant Champagne Brut Cuvée Louis (France, Champagne)

(BD= got it through BD supplier as part of their BD deal- aka, same delivery price)

• NV Tarlant Champagne Brut Cuvée Louis - France, Champagne (6/20/2015)
    Tasted on a weekend, to address the question of aging bubbles in the bottles. This one (1999 based, 85% and 15 percent 98-97-96) entered the bottle in May 2000 and disgorged on July 2014. Does it have a more ‘full body’ compared with other ‘younger’ champagnes? the answer is certainly positive. On the color- more goldish color than other NV bubbles I had. On the nose, more mineral and earthy notes, that follow with the palate. Medium finish, maybe medium plus. Higher acidity on the palate. I like the dry-side taste (not a secret if you go through my notes) and this one falls in my palate line, but not as dry as other bubbles I had. I would certainly say it is (a) VERY GOOD (b) has additional aging potential, and (c) I’m feeling sorry I did not purchase an additional bottle from the same disgorgement. It’s built to serve you and your family/friends/loved ones for years to come, and I have to be up front (though I’m afraid vendors would raise the price now)- it’s hard to find a long term non vintage one of this quality at ~60. Buy two or three. Drink one with the ones you love being with. Invite them in five years to do the same. Repeat. Kick yourself for not buying six.

Day 2 update: Still very bubbly. The citrus notes have opened up more than last night. More earthy notes and minerals on the nose. Not as much ‘sweetness’ (honey/apricot) as last night. Just enjoying it now with some fresh bread, olive oil and small veggies.

(CT Drinking window note: refer to disgorged date. Current windows '08-'14 are probably for early releases. I’d certainly note '15-'24 to current release in proper storage)

(personal notes: Better than many others, still Pierre Paillard is my favorite, Pretty good qpr at ~65-70, though certainly there may be ones that one considers better, including myself. Goes well with slightly more ‘lemon/citrus’ dishes. Overall, grade in the solid 92+ FWIW)

Love this producer and this cuvée in particular. After being hard to get in the states for awhile, I’m glad that Tarlant is more readily available again.

Just had a different version with brunch. No formal note, but it was showing beautifully. No vintage notes on back, but nine years on lees and disgorged a few years ago.

Great notes.
I’ma big Tarlant fan, never had a bottle disappoint, although I haven’t yet had the Cuvee Louis