TN: NV Jean Vesselle Champagne Brut Œil de Perdrix (France, Champagne)

• NV Jean Vesselle Champagne Brut Œil de Perdrix - France, Champagne (2/3/2019)
    Very pale salmon color. Nose of fresh cut berry, hay, biscuit. Lovely on the tongue with slightly tart raspberry, iodine, nutty tones, fervent acidity, and late grip. A lovely, zesty drink. Encourages more study of Champagne! From a 375. (91 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Consistently a lovely and underrated rosé!

Jim,

On my way to get more of this stuff.

Cheers,
Doug

Got some of these lined up to taste next week!

Ahh. Look forward to your notes.

Cheers,
Doug

PXL_20210905_222650985.jpg
NV Jean Vesselle Champagne Brut ‘Œil de Perdrix’ [Champagne] Disgorged Nov 2019. I enjoyed a couple glasses of this quasi rose while out in the sun, grilling a platter of shish kofte and peppers. The color - and the label - are quite pretty. The bead is fine, and I find it a touch high on the acidic zip. It’s better with the flavorful food. I like it, but its priced above my ceiling for casual quaffing champagne.
PXL_20210906_021343836.jpg
I love using the flareups - from fat dripping - to char the peppers. It’s about the only way I can tolerate normally herbaceous green peppers. The kids love pulling the kabobs off the skewers by grabbing with a warm pita.

Thanks for the TN. You reinforced my opinion this is a good value rose. Cheers.

I always found this a good value and a very pretty wine. Had it amongst 60 champagnes of varying prices at the 2019 tasting here and thought it easily in the top 5 of the night. It was in the bottom 1/5 price wise, so I’d say it was a big winner!