TN: NV Château Le Pin Trilogie (France, Bordeaux, Libournais, Pomerol)

• NV Château Le Pin Trilogie - France, Bordeaux, Libournais, Pomerol (1/29/2012)
    From magnum. Not a true second wine, but rather a mix of declassified Le Pin juice and grapes from some other parcels. A blend of 2007 and 08. Middling crimson, middle-weight. Clearly underripe, with a strong green pepper profile–although this is mostly Merlot with a dash of Cabernet Franc, it tastes like the proportions were the other way around. A bit of tannin, but not much structure for a Bordeaux–definitely a wine meant to be drunk young (as the proprietor himself advertises). Polished, soft mouthfeel, attained without excessive oak or extraction. Not a ton of fruit, and whatever is there isn’t particularly sharply defined. Definitely a well-made wine, and I could see this being excellent in a year with better growing conditions. But this is just too green for my palate. Will hunt for a richer pair of vintages. (87 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Yeah, this wine kinda sucked. I’m a bit surprised you’d want to try it again from a different vintage. Certainly it should be better, but I didn’t see anything to make me think there’s anything special going on here.

I guess I feel like I didn’t get to see what the wine was really about.