TN - Not a bad Saturday Night: 19 Fevre Les Preuses & 01 Jamet

[list][*]2019 Domaine William Fèvre Chablis Grand Cru Les Preuses - France, Burgundy, Chablis, Chablis Grand Cru (10/9/2022)
Decanted 4 hrs. In my experience with the Preuses GC, it seems to be a great combination of sensual and seductiveness along with a more serious, structured GC like Valmur or Les Clos. This 19 is a great example. Sunshine kissed orchard fruits, well, shine… and play well of perhaps a sliver of wood poking through in the form of warm baked bread (taken from W. Kelley’s note). As the wine warmed, a tremendous thrust of lemon squeezed over minerals impart quite the impression on the finish, which is both long and very persistent. Tremendous potential here. (94 pts.)[/list]
Posted from CellarTracker

[list][*]2001 Domaine Jamet Côte-Rôtie - France, Rhône, Northern Rhône, Côte-Rôtie (10/9/2022)
Decanted 1 hrs. Very perfumed in the early going, surprisingly so, as I expected more pepper and other savory elements at this point in the wines evolution. But no complaints, this was just gorgeous to drink and smell. And then about 2 hrs in, the savory elements crashed the party. Loads of roasted meat drippings, a very clear cut presence of white pepper, a touch of saddle leather, earthy stuff, etc etc. Combining with the early floral elements, this 01 Jamet has blossomed into a hell of a Syrah. I think it is up to personal preference at this point as to how much longer one would like to hold this. But I do think there is plenty of gas in the tank. (95 pts.)[/list]
Posted from CellarTracker

2 Likes