TN: Mini Boizel tasting

MINI BOIZEL TASTING - Seattle, WA (5/10/2011)

Pale golden color. The nose is quite austere showing a touch of brioche and Asian pear, but more of a rocky/mineral aroma. Light to medium bodied, more brioche, tart citrus and just a touch of orange peel. Minerals at first. The fruity flavors really step forward as this wine warms up. I was pleasantly surprised by the length of this considering the minerality when I first tasted the wine.

Pale salmon color. This was picked for rose rather than saignee. Clean and appealing nose showing off apples, Tuscan melon and tart cherry. The palate was crisp and clean with some tart red fruit and some apple and pear. High acidity and laden with minerality, this drinks like a brut nature. Medium finish. Dying for some cheese or other food. Good one if you like a very dry style.

Pale gold color. Wonderful complex nose showing truffle, melon and pear. Deep and inviting. Medium bodied palate which begins with some tart citrus, but then opens into some red fruit and is in wonderful balance with high acidity. Lush and racy. The finish lingers interminably. Shockingly good considering that the first two Boizels I tasted were decent, but not particularly memorable. This is lovely stuff.

Posted from CellarTracker