TN: Domaine des Perdrix NSG Aux Perdrix 2002

Domaine des Perdrix Nuits St. Georges Aux Perdrix 1er Cru 2002
Aux Perdrix, Nuits St. Georges, Côte d’ Nuits, Côte d’ Or, Burgundy
France

On the eye the wine is translucent with a slightly black core and reddish brown rim. The wine projects aromas in layers showing cherries, raspberries, blackberries, licorice followed by wet earth, crushed river stones, cloves, and black pepper. Sweet red fruit flavors upon entry boasting maraschino cherries, raspberries, strawberries leading to blackberries and anise flavors on the mid-palate. The finish is long dominated by blackberries, spices, iodine, fresh acidity, and muscular tannins. A mid bodied wine with silky texture which hides its muscles, not your traditional Nuits St. Georges, however it has great sweet fruit, a long finish, although it lacks more concentration on the mid-palate.
91+ points.

Thanks for the note! I bought a few of the '02 Perdrix Echezeaux on high praise by Pierre Rovani but I haven’t opened one yet. How was the oak treatment on your bottle?

Love the 3-photo ensemble too! Great way to capture the bottle and experience.

+1, and great notes. I have always liked this wine and agree with your assessment re: NSG

The oak was barely noticeable, it’s integrated pretty nicely but there are still small traces for my taste. One thing that caught me off guard was the overly alcoholic nose upon opening, after a few hours it blew off. I think this is drinking nicely now but it maybe will improve slightly with two or three years.

Sweet red fruit flavors upon entry boasting maraschino cherries, raspberries, strawberries leading to blackberries and anise flavors on the mid-palate

Mmmm…the 2002 vintage in a nutshell…I can’t wait…till 2022…or thereafter…

what succulence, too…

for me, after 1990…maybe the best vintage I’ve experienced…accross the board…before 2005.