TN: Date Night with DP Rose + Lafon

• 2009 Dom Pérignon Champagne Rosé - France, Champagne (5/2/2024)
    PnP. A touch reticent at first, but opened up very quickly. Good mouthfeel, lovely mousse and lively acid, if a bit simple. Doesn't quite wow like the 08, but it's in the drinking zone. (92 points)
  • 2019 Domaine des Comtes Lafon Meursault 1er Cru Porusots - France, Burgundy, Côte de Beaune, Meursault 1er Cru (5/1/2024)
    DIAM 30. Double decanted 2 hours before serving. Wide open and drinking wonderfully. Beautiful fruit profile with a nice acid backbone. Shows the lovely, softness of the vintage. Just your typical sexy Lafon... (94 points)
1 Like

For date night, try the Lafon Desiree next time. :kissing_heart:

Haven’t actually had that cuvée before. I think it’s newer. Have you had it?

It is a newer cuvée with youngish vines. It’s a bit less serious than the big guns.

1 Like

How is the DP rose? I’m wanting to get a nice bottle of champagne after the baby is born. The wife lives rose and DP.

09 is a easier drinking vintage but lacks some zip and complexity. The 08 was outstanding. But if you really want a special bottle, 13 Cristal Rosé is another level.

1 Like

The banner-bearers for me so far have been 08 Cristal Rose and 04 Dom Rose, both WOTYs in their respective years I had them, IIRC. Thanks for the great notes, Drew.

1 Like

Not quite—I have bottles from the 80s, just looks like they replanted in 2008.

1 Like