TN: D.R. Stephens estate cab 2014

Paired with grilled veggies and buffalo hangar steak.

Nose - blue fruit with some red as well. Plum, blueberries, some dust, light hint of smoke and cedar. Light floral and herbal notes, sage, rosemary. Can smell the alcohol heat as well.

Palate - smooth and most coating. Blueberries, raspberries, oak, very light vanilla which I’m normally sensitive to so this must be very light, hints of dill. Acid is there and some tannin. Likely much better in a couple years. Will follow Over the course of the first nfl game of the year and see how it develops.

Haven’t had a D.R. Stephens cab in at least 10 years! Used to really enjoy - don’t remember why I stopped buying, but great to read this note.

Never had a bison hanger steak. How big is said critter?

It was pretty small so I couldn’t cook it long. Very tasty and not wild tasting. Would have been better if I’d used a tiny bit of coffee in the rub.

Drinking the same bottle 2 days later. Softer nose but similar. Palate is picking up a little pie spice. Still drinking great.

Worth mentioning that as long as you buy they keep your pricing at your pricing from your first order I believe. My price is below current release price and I understand it won’t go up as long as I buy.