TN: Couple FUN 2014's....Sandlands Trousseau/ Arnot Roberts Rose'....

Two perfect poolside beauties here…

• 2014 Sandlands Trousseau - USA, California, Sonoma County, Sonoma Coast (5/17/2016)
    I really LOVE these lighter bodied wines that drink way more substantial than their appearance! A big Southern Rhone Rose’…kissed with Calif. sunshine…bright and crunchy wild red berry fruits…structured with minerality and earth…pretty rose petal, smokey briar patch, garrigue, licorice, leather, white pepper spice…really fresh and zingy with cherry skin/ cranberry acidity…yet has a nice smooth mouthfeel. You don’t get the heat like you sometimes do in a Rose’…this is balanced well! Reminds me of a Bertheau Bourgogne splashed with a little SQN Rose’! Tasty stuff!! (93 pts.)
  • 2014 Arnot-Roberts Touriga Nacional Rosé Luchsinger Vineyard - USA, California, North Coast, Red Hills Lake County (5/17/2016)
    Provençal salmon color……pretty and fresh, crisp youth tingle……wonderful florals, minerals and some earth……delicate fruit of melon, cherry, peach……bowl full of sunshine! Would guess european if blind……tasty stuff! (92 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Ugh.

How the hell am I going to keep my hands off of that Trousseau.

Thx for the notes Buzz…or not! :slight_smile:

Huge fan of the AR rose but still sitting on the Sandlands…

That rosé looks like skin-fermented pinot gris.

Thanks, I’ll have to try one also.