TN: Couple Burgs....White and Red

**2005 Domaine Huber-Verdereau Volnay Les Robardelles - France, Burgundy, Côte de Beaune, Volnay (5/11/2009)**Starts out a little cool-aid sweet raspberry, cherry fruit…some tart cherry skin acid, earth spice, smoked cedar plank. Smooth, some nice floral spice kick, doesn’t really remind me of a good Burg…except for the dry earth tones. Not what I thought this would be like. Disappointed. (85 pts.)

**2007 Domaine Roulot Bourgogne-Aligoté - France, Burgundy, Bourgogne-Aligoté (5/11/2009)**Very pale white gold in color. Citrus nose of lemon, melon, grapefruit, stones, white flowers. Refreshingly light in the mouth…definitely lemons and stones, slightly creamed with some melon and vanilla meringue, toast, slight raw nuts, flat ginger ale. Not as sharply cut as I would like…can really tell the “Cremant” without the bubbles. No signs of “Roulot” in this wine, except maybe the lemon sour, which I really thought I’d see. Simple, refreshing White Burg…a good everydayer at the right price. Although doesn’t satisfy a “cheap Roulot” craving like the Bourgogne Blanc does. (88 pts.)

Honest scores for those wines - the red was interesting, but seemed off/sleeping, I’m a Burgundy noob so I have no frame of reference to make that call. The Roulout was very nice - very refreshing acid and citrus for the summer, great drinker!

Thanks for the tastes! While is still enjoyed it, the half bottle of '07 Ridge Three Valleys that was waiting for me at home tasted VERY sweet after these Frenchies!