TN: Cooper & Thief Red Blend - WOW!

A little clickbait with that title.

Image (not mine): http://www.whatsyouroutlet.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/Cooper-Thief-Cellarmasters-Red-Wine-Blend.jpg

For $20, took a flyer on the Cooper & Thief Red Blend at Total Wine due to the online reviews. 17% alcohol. Aged in bourbon barrels. What? Cough syrup purple color. Strong vanilla and chocolate notes. The bourbon taste is definitely there on the finish. It drank more like a port. Poured the bottle out after a few sips and even after waiting an hour. 74 points.

4.1 on Vivino, 4.6 on Total Wine’s website, Cellar Tracker 88-90. Everyone likes the purple drank [pwn.gif]

Love your note.

Add some codeine and dextromethorphan and it might rock!

Hydrocodone and Chlorpheniramine are much better (and Tussionex is an awesome pineapple flavor).

A “hot” seller right now - in fact wholesalers are making retailers purchase 2 cases of their ridiculously over oaked white for every one case of the red -

Kind of a cool package though…

per the website:
“VARIETAL COMPOSITION
38% Merlot. 37% Syrah. 11% Zinfandel. 7% Petite Sirah. 4% Cabernet Sauvignon. 3% Other Red Blenders”

Other red blenders?

Waring Bar Pro to bring it all together?

3% Mega Purple

Heck, buy a 2 buck chuck cab and add your favorite vanilla extract. Same effect for much less money!

[rofl.gif]

I received a bottle of the Cooper & Thief as a Christmas present in a basket with cookies and various snack items.
The bottle is hefty and the label designed to give the impression that it is a craft product, similar to those used for single barrel bourbon.
The words “dark and jammy,” “bourbon whiskey barrels,” and the “cellarmaster select” seal - together with the 17% abv - all tell me to stay away.