TN: Chapoutier Invitare; Inman Family Olivet Grange Pinot Noir

• 2006 M. Chapoutier Condrieu Invitare - France, Rhône, Northern Rhône, Condrieu (8/1/2009)
    Popped and poured, enjoyed very quickly over an hour or so. Stone fruit & flowers. Very crisp, sharp yet rich. Gripping minerality. Great accoutrement to the grilled spotted prawns, the sharpness of the wine accentuating the sweetness of the prawns wonderfully.
  • 2006 Inman Family Pinot Noir Olivet Grange Vineyard - USA, California, Sonoma County, Russian River Valley (8/1/2009)
    Popped, not decanted, enjoyed over 3 hours. Translucent red color. Black cherry, cinnamon & cloves. Great grip, tangy, fresh, nicely balanced. Very clean flavors. I really enjoy these wines.

Posted from CellarTracker

thanks for the note on the inman. have you had the 05 recently? or any word on their ageability in general? thanks!

Just had the 05 Inman Family on Thursday and it was smoking… Beautiful nose of spice and cherry. Medium bodied with a smooth supple palate. I love pinots with balance.

Lou

Welcome Lou and thanks for the helpful first post! I grabbed a few bottles on closeout cause i have been wanting to try the inman wines but never had the chance. guess i should pop one soon.

I think I’m going to open the 06 Thorn Road this weekend. Anyone try one of these yet?