TN: Carlisle Compagni-Portis WW '15...(short/boring)

Looking for a white wine last night, I pulled out:

1. Carlisle Compagni-Portis SonomaVlly/SonomaCnty WW (13.9%; Plntd: 1954 OV White Blend; GWT/TrousseauGris/Riesling; 90 cs) 2015: Med.gold color; lovely very floral/gardenias strong spicy/mature GWT/mutmeg some floral/mango/R light mineral/chalky/perfumed talc quite spicy some complex beautiful nose; fairly tart/tangy/bit steely rather rich/lush very strong floral/carnations/GWT/spicy slight chalky/mineral rather spicy/perfumed talc rather complex light earthy beautiful flavor; very long/lingering mature GWT/floral finish that follows the flavor; lots of complexity & lots of rich/lush character; speaks mostly of mature GWT but none of the in-your-face/hair oil character of most Calif GWT; resembles some 10-20 yr old mature Alsatian VendageTardive GWT but maybe a bit more of a mature AltoAdige GWT; a beautiful complex/mature Calif WW that should go another 4-10 yrs; beautiful wine.

More sibbercot from TheBloodyPulpit:

1. I sorta grabbed this wine from my stash as a throw-away w/ low expectations. My mistake. It has evolved into a beautiful complex mature GWT. In fact, it was so friggin’ good that I drank the whole btl & there was none leftover to take down to Laura at Pig+Fig for her breakfast wine. Me bad.
    Tom
3 Likes