TN: 2021 Extradimensional Wine Co. Yeah! Dude Ranch Red Reserve (USA, California)

• 2021 Extradimensional Wine Co. Yeah! Dude Ranch Red Reserve - USA, California (3/2/2024)
    This nose evoked a very specific sense memory that brought me back 40 years, of peeling tangerines in the riverfront park across the street from the house where I grew up, which is really the highest praise I can imagine, ala Proust’s Madeleine or Remy’s Ratatouille. Now what is tangerine spritz and pith doing in the nose of a wine that’s predominantly Zin/Mourvedre/Grenache? I don’t know but it’s extradimensional. The joy carries over into the palate, which is juicy, juicy, with so many fruits dancing across the tongue, stone, berry, tropical, and citrus. Yeah!

Posted from CellarTracker

6 Likes

I love this. Thank you!

1 Like

I was driving through Birmingham, AL yesterday and found this (and many other EWCY wines) at Golden Hour Wine. I opened tonight at my hotel in Mississippi and, while I don’t have that specific memory of peeling a tangerine at a riverfront park across from your house, I gotta say - that descriptor nails it!

1 Like

Thanks John!

1 Like

Thanks @John_B1 ! Glad you checked out Golden Age. They are a treasure and our biggest supporter. I love those folks!!!

1 Like