TN: 2021 Bedrock Wine Co. Heritage Wine Evangelho Vineyard

• 2021 Bedrock Wine Co. Heritage Wine Evangelho Vineyard - USA, California, San Francisco Bay, Contra Costa County (2/17/2024)
    This wine may be heading for a quiet period. It needed two hours in a decanter to open up and fill out. When it did finally come together it was lovely, if a bit less sappy than some prior editions of Evangelho from Bedrock and others. This might even be an elegant wine, which is not a descriptor I usually associate with this site. There's more than enough depth and flavor, it just comes from a gentler place than I am used to. Once I got my head around that I loved it, and spent a lot of time thinking about all the different ways this particular rendition could be used with various foods. While this isn't the most exuberant Evangelho Heritage Wine, it may be the most flexible.
6 Likes

Night two and some of that Evangelho sappiness is starting to come through, so yeah this might be a little shut down without a longer decant than I gave it yesterday.

• 2021 Bedrock Wine Co. Heritage Wine Evangelho Vineyard - USA, California, San Francisco Bay, Contra Costa County (6/28/2024)
    In a complete turnaround from my last bottle, this was wide open from the get go. I’m still a bit shocked by he lurid purple color. Was this infused with the blood of Grimace? Anyway, it’s classic Evangelho, with the sappy core of fruit, and the acidic and tannic structure that provides a digital level of clarity. No doubt some age will bring analog warmth to the mix, but I obviously have a hard time keeping my hands off of these wines.