TN: 2019 Von Schubert Maximin Grünhäuser Herrenberg Riesling Kabinett

As a PSA for folks who might go to wine.com looking for this: they currently have the 2018, but not the 2019.

I saw some good prices on other stuff, but now is not the right time …

I don’t know which wine.com warehouse inventory you are looking at (it depends on where you live), but the NY warehouse has the 2019.

Pulled the trigger on four of these last week. Thanks for affirming the purchase Dennis, though I had hunch these just may do in a pinch…great note!

1 Like

this thread just made me buy some 19 Herrenberg and Abtsberg Kabi… short money for all the accolades

2 Likes

damn all of you enablers. Just ordered 5 from K&L.

2 Likes

K&L sold nearly 2 cases yesterday. Down to their last 6 bottles now.

1 Like

My check is in the mail? :slight_smile:

I’d say they owe you a Thank You, at least. [cheers.gif]

1 Like

I’m located in CA. I just went to their website and checked there — didn’t realize I would see different inventory depending on my location. Interesting.

I’m doing my part ‘supporting’ K&L. Three bottles left.

At some point I’d like to do a horizontal tasting of ‘19 Kabinetts. I have 8 producers, over a dozen different bottlings. All the usual suspects, and I blame you all for stuffing my cellar with them.

2 Likes

Nice, I picked up a 2019 a while ago. My supermarket just got the 2014 (!) in, at a normal $30ish price, but presumably it was a closeout somewhere, and they’re looking to make some supranormal profits. They do it at times.

My sister got burned on some older vintage champers from them that way, totally cooked.

1 Like

Well, if it’s our fault for stuffing your cellar with them, the least we could do is help you remedy the problem. [cheers.gif]

Post-Covid, post-Covid my friend!

aaaaand, gone! 2+ cases in one day. … and folks say WB doesn’t move markets??? [rofl.gif]

1 Like

I found my bottles!

1 Like

The other Riesling thread on Prüm is driving sales, too.

It’s a good idea although the tricky part is various levels of reduction. For example, Falkenstein No. 12 was gangbusters from first pop while Schaefer Domprobst took 3 full days to become explosive.

I think I have 8 as well, four opened so far, and will probably resist temptation to buy others. The MG Herrenberg hasn’t arrived yet though.

This thread twisted my arm. 5 bottles of Herrenberg showing up at my door today. I’ve went deeper on Germany in '19 than any other vintage and these types of threads aren’t helping!

2 Likes

This thread is becoming a case study in “Berserkerness” !

2 Likes

I am liking all the 2019s I have tasted. They are pretty sweet right now however even on the Kabinett level. Clean wines.

1 Like