TN: 2019 Turley Zinfandel Hayne Vineyard (USA, California, Napa Valley, St. Helena)

2019 Turley Zinfandel Hayne Vineyard - USA, California, Napa Valley, St. Helena (12/23/2023)
I LOVE these wines from Turley...the Hayne is so distinct with its elegance and floral/spiced perfumed red fruited goodness! This 19 is still quite young and showing some heat...they tend to become more elegant and balanced with age...very punchy tart and fresh crushed, candied liqueur red fruits...big kick of white pepper spice, red licorice dryness...pretty perfumed florals of dried flowers, cinnamon stick and xmas fruit cake...shows a silky smooth texture with some youthful tannic spice poking out...this will all integrated nicely with more age. Not as open as it could be right now...little mute in the mid p...needs another couple years imo...but should be a beauty around the 10yr mark. Turley Zin's are my comfort food wines like a good mac-n-cheese...the Hayne just gourmets it up with some shaved truffles! +pts (94 points)

Posted from CellarTracker

7 Likes

A Buzz note on Turley Hayne? I knew it was going to be a good day :cheers:

1 Like