TN: 2019 Goodfellow Family Cellars Chardonnay Durant Vineyard

2019 Goodfellow Family Cellars Chardonnay Durant Vineyard - USA, Oregon, Willamette Valley, Dundee Hills (3/2/2023)
Pure class! What strikes me first(noticed this in the 19 Richards as well) is the IMPECCABLE balance this has, and the weightlessness it carries, yet totally packed with flavor and feel! Amazing concentrated goodness at 12.5 abv. Pure crystalline orchard fruits with a little tropical flair...candied lemon pucker...creamy white flower florals...very nuanced flint strike reduction...salty crushed minerals showing a wonderful tautness and precision, yet that balanced honey butter sheen really makes for an appealing texture...just KILLER finish of chalky dry extract and refreshing citrus sours...move over Walter Scott...might just be my new favorite white Burgundy killer from the OR!!! (96 points)

Posted from CellarTracker

12 Likes

Great note! Their 2019 Chardonnay were outstanding. For me the Temperance hill stood out the most, but all I have tried were all excellent.

I think one thing that makes Goodfellow wines stand out is the weightless concentration. For me more noticeable in reds is the light color and the intoxicating aromatics and impressive flavor.

3 Likes

Just polished off a bottle of '19 Richard’s Cuvee… and agree completely!

I love the excitement in your notes. This is my thought exactly for the last few years…if you have to choose one…

I’m coming to realize how special Durant Vineyard is. Kelley Fox’s 2019 Durant Chard is also an absolute stunner.

Interesting. I had a bottle last night that must have been off. Our agreed impressions were sourness, rubber, and wet socks. But that was not how I found the 2018 or 2021.

Thanks for the note. I’ve got some of these younger Goodfellow chards and have been wondering how much time they need.

Opened a 2017 Goodfellow Richards Cuvee Chardonnay last Sunday with dinner. Delicious and still have about 1/3 left for tasting this weekend.

1 Like

Mike, it probably depends on your personal tastes, but I think they are delicious when young, even if they worthy of aging.

1 Like

Great note–very excited for my mixed case to arrive!