TN: 2019 Domaine Robert Groffier Bourgogne Passetoutgrains

Had a glass of the 2017 vintage last year and really enjoyed it. This 2019 is potentially even better, a terrific wine with great fruit and proportions.

• 2019 Domaine Robert Groffier Bourgogne Passetoutgrains - France, Burgundy, Bourgogne Passetoutgrains (16.6.2023)
    The nose is really attractive. It has good fruit, a mix of dark cherry and tart cranberry, some earthiness, clove and minerality and shows a volatile edge. Really bright and detailed. On the palate this has the typically generous 2019 fruit and good concentration but little weight, firm body and terrific acidity. I have to say the blend of Pinot Noir and Gamay feels a bit perverse to me but in the end it works really well here, differents parts blending in quite nicely. There is a good bit of tartness coming through but the riper cherry fruit caresses the palate nicely. It is a mighty structured and poised wine that finishes rather tight. Serious stuff, but still very enjoyable and easy to appreciate. A rebuy for me, unless the price becomes prohibitive as is often the case with Burgundy.

Posted from CellarTracker

1 Like