TN: 2018 Pierre Boisson Monthélie (France, Burgundy, Côte de Beaune, Monthélie)

You could probably do better. Then again, you could also probably do worse.

• 2018 Pierre Boisson Monthélie - France, Burgundy, Côte de Beaune, Monthélie (4/28/2023)
    This wine wins on the nose: floral, turf, cherry, ... Palate is clean, there's a saline note and its mostly resolved and easy to drink. It speaks of burgundy pinot. I will say that like many 18 reds at lower levels, this feels a little ripe, and also hollow in the middle. And certainly a lower-acid profile. Good for a Thursday, but perhaps a tad underwhelming for Boisson and the $ (points)

Posted from CellarTracker

1 Like

The prices for both Pierre and Anne really started to take off after the 2017 vintage, before 2018 I thought the QPR was pretty good for bottlings like this :confused:

1 Like

Right on, Ilkka. This 18 was not terribly priced in the context of Burgundy, and it’s a decent wine, but I left me a bit wanting. I think I have a 17 to check on soon. Cheers.

1 Like

I think the combination of a patchy vintage and a significant price increase is quite a sad thing really. The 2017 while affordable was just beautiful with ideal fruit ripeness, modest alcohol and an almost weightless feel. I think you’ll end up loving it, at least I did.

1 Like