TN: 2018 Goodfellow Family Cellars Pinot Noir Heritage No. 12 Whistling Ridge Vineyard

While finishing up tallying our BD14 numbers, thought I’d enjoy some BerserkerDay wine from events past, reward myself with a reminder of why our event is so successful…producers such as this, and those @Marcus_Goodfellow has corralled into the BerserkerDay circle over the years…enjoyed in a Grassl Liberté a la @Chris_Freemott

2018 Goodfellow Family Cellars Pinot Noir Heritage No. 12 Whistling Ridge Vineyard - USA, Oregon, Willamette Valley, Ribbon Ridge (2/2/2023)

Gorgeous light ruby color on this wine - truly gem-like in clarity and crispness. Nose gives out forest floor, bramble and raspberry, , touch of eucalyuptus. After a couple hours the wine fleshes out with this gorgeous silky texture - truly what stands out most in this beautiful wine. More crunchy red berry and currant on the palate, a stemmy quality (is it whole cluster?), gentle but strong transition to a medium long finish - finishes clean, crisp, nice acidity. Beautiful.

7 Likes

Thanks for the note. I just put a couple of these away in racking today.

Don’t be afraid to pull one - so much to enjoy even now, truly.

2 Likes

One of the things I love about BD, being able to buy and taste wines from small producers like Marcus.

1 Like

Thank you for the TN!

Is it whole cluster?

1 Like

Yes, that is a blend of 3 puncheons of free run juice all fermented 100% whole cluster.

1 Like