TN: 2017 Sandler Wine Company Pinot Noir 10th Anniversary Cuvée (USA, California)

• 2017 Sandler Wine Company Pinot Noir 10th Anniversary Cuvée - USA, California (12/14/2020)
    This bottle is fantastic. Wide base decant, then the glass I poured sat for another hour. No food, some light snacks. Dark pale ruby with a tone of brick. Body is lighter than the opacity suggests. Nose is Bing cherry, subtle purple florals underneath, vanilla, spice. Its still a bit tight and feels restrained. The palate has a nice punch though. Ripe concentrated cherry, cola notes on the edges, pine, with supple tannins. Pleasant mouthfeel. The transition to the middle is marked with stark acidity and the tannins turning more biting; earthier tones giving way to cherry cough drop. More pure cherry fruit coats the finish coming together pretty well integrated; lasting. This will benefit from more time. This was an impulse pop that has been fun to swirl and take my time with. I have one more left, and I think I’ll let it sit for another 5, or until I get impulsive again.

Posted from CellarTracker

Edit: a bit later, going well with Dubliner cheese, palate showing raisin characteristics that pop towards the middle.

nice to see you’re still drinking wine … neener