TN: 2017 Marie et Pierre Bénetière Côte-Rôtie Cordeloux

Agreed. Hardly able to say something is a flash in the pan when there are only two negative data points you might have out of the last 12 vintages. I’ve had as far back as 99 and they were good (albeit different as his style was a bit different)

I liked the 17 quite a bit in the first year of release. Reminded me a lot of the 13. 13 also shut down hard and fast after the first year.

2 Likes

I ONLY have 15 and 16, lawyers…can I ask for a refund :head_bang:

How did you even get the 16?! It wasn’t imported!

1 Like

You are right I looked it up and apparently I have 15/17… I buried them deep to kind of just forget about them for a long while.

1 Like

Was imported to California through their new CA importer last year.

The importer got some library stock too. So there was some 05,08,10 floating around at some shops.

Who’s their importer in CA? Everyone on the east coast balked at it. I had some friends who’ve had it in Europe and the feedback wasn’t positive.

1 Like

doesn’t panzer still bring it in?

Yes but I do not believe he offered the 2016.

Jerome Brenot of la Grenouille

There’s a handful of places offering the 16 on Wine Searcher now

I recall doing a 2010 lineup blind circa 2013/2014, where Benetiere smoked the board (including Allemand). Spurred some manic (and in hindsight quite opportunistic) buying of the next few vintages. Dismayed to see how things have (purportedly) shown in the last few vintages. We had the solar 15 at that dinner a few years ago, yes?

btw - I’ll come scoop my 17s! Sorry for making you sit on them for so long :wink:

3 Likes

Had the '12 last night with dinner and it was mighty fine until the '85 Guigal B et B showed up and smoked it.

1 Like

That was super fun! Salil’s notes from that evening: 2010 Northern Rhone tasting (Oct 2013)

1 Like

older guigal b et b are phenomenal. no surprise here.

'12 is really super. Wish I had loaded up on it!

Same. Bought way too little.

Yup, a fave indeed. Actually, it is my fave vintage other than 2010, which still needs way more time.

1 Like

Benchmark currently has original 12-packs of the '09 and the '11 Cordeloux, in the $250-300/btl range.

Haven’t tried '09 but '11 is just as good as 12 but for almost 300 per, not sure if it’s worth the tarrif.

Agreed, I might pay that for 2010 but no way for 09 or 11.