TN: 2017 Dehlinger Pinot Noir Garbro Ranch - making a Dehlinger fan happy

Back in 2019 I ‘took one for the team’ and Pobega’d a '17 Garbro Ranch Chardonnay, being among the first Berserkers to try them.

Not many notes on this wine in the last couple years, presumably as most who have them consumed them early, though CT still shows about 39% remain in cellars.

I cracked one of the '17 Chardonnay bottles within days of receipt, out of curiosity for the new label from Dehlinger, but haven’t tried the Pinot yet…

Within minutes of opening the brambly nose just explodes - with or without swirl, dark raspberry and blackberry dominate, stone and slate joining in and some violet - not a shy nose, very expressive, smells ‘juicy’. Palate delivers much of the same fruit profile, has a bit of a malolactic softness to the palate but with a very balanced acidity to compliment the fruit profile. Finish gives a bit of salt and stone, some orange rind and blueberry.

I would classify this wine as a wonderful substitute for Dehlinger Estate Pinot Noir, which you typically want to wait 10-20 years before enjoying. Has grip, has weight, very generous fruit profile, well balanced and delicious.

3 Likes