TN: 2016 K Vintners The Boy (USA, Washington)

• 2016 K Vintners The Boy - USA, Washington (4/24/2020)
    Day 1: Had this at the winery last summer which those are always a snap shot of a wine. Wow! What a sexy wine with Garrique, white pepper, stone, dust, rose petals, green olives and boysenberries. Medium plus finish and gorgeous wine. This is a great example of what Washington State can do with Grenache. From the Powerline Vineyard. If you like Cayuse this is a fraction of the cost. Picked up for $19.99 on sale! (94 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Nice note, John. I don’t think I’ve ever had a Boy from K yet…must try one soon. For K wines with Grenache, I’ve only ever had the Charlotte, which is mostly Mourvedre and a lesser part Grenache. Sounds tasty!

Nice note, John. I don’t think I’ve ever had a Boy from K yet…must try one soon. For K wines with Grenache, I’ve only ever had the Charlotte, which is mostly Mourvedre and a lesser part Grenache. Sounds tasty!

Notes are mixed on this wine but I love the stone, dust, pepper and floral notes from the better wines from Washington.

Day 2: Still rocking. Stone, white pepper, dust, rose petals and green olives. A really good New World representation of CDP. Lovely. 94 points