TN: 2016 Idlewild Nebbiolo Fox Hill Vineyard

2016 Idlewild Nebbiolo Fox Hill Vineyard: Fragrant nose of ripe cherry, roses, tar and leather. This is aroma to savor! Flavors of dried cherry, raspberry essence, floral notes of rose and violet, earth, tar and iron. Good acidity and tannins are present but in balance with the acidity and flavors. Long and persistent finish, wonderful with a medium rare prime rib eye. 13.9 ABV.

This wine was aged in OLD oak allowing all the flavor and nuances of the grape to come through.
Not the cheapest Nebbiolo you can buy but it is delicious, can age and become more complex. Added bonus is Sam Bilbro is a great guy, very knowledgeable and the Idlewild Tasting Room (for pick ups) is 5 miles away.

4 Likes

Thanks Tom. I have not opened any of my 2016s yet. Looks like I can grab one soon! :slight_smile:

1 Like

That wine AND the steak look delicious!..

1 Like

Yeah that steak…really glad I am having home made burgers tonight. I am now craving beef!

Same here! Burgers on the grill, I will probably start off with a Bulleit Rye Manhattan while I am cooking, then open-up a nice Cab to have with dinner…

Nice. We are warming up with a Hebrart Rosé NV.

1 Like