TN: 2016 Domaine Marc Kreydenweiss Riesling Clos Rebberg (France, Alsace)

• 2016 Domaine Marc Kreydenweiss Riesling Clos Rebberg - France, Alsace (8/4/2020)
    Honey and pineapple on the nose, with hints of sage, unusual. Very pale canary color. The palate fills the mouth with tons of flavor. A little hot. Definitely Stone fruit, minerals, lemongrass, and straw. Very long finish, over 5 minutes with pleasant tones of calamansi. I don’t usually purchase drier Rieslings but this was a buy again. It could easily cellar for 10 more years. (92 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

New label for Kreydenweiss?

That’s what came up from CT. Notice it says 2015, mine was 2016 and it has a circle. I’d post it but don’t know how here

Really enjoyed the 2017 of this. Had a racy acidity which, on second thought, does classify as a vague hotness.

Cool, thanks. I have fond memories of drinking Kreydenweiss some years ago. Many of them seemed to have some autolytic notes which made the style rather distinct but I enjoyed them all the same. Just bought a bottle of their 2018 single vineyard Pinot Blanc La Fontaine Aux Enfants and look to give it a go soon.

Acidity coming across as heat? That’s the first time I’ve heard of this.