TN: 2016 David Duband Côte de Nuits Villages

I don’t see a lot of people raving about Duband here but the 2016 Bourgogne got me interested last year and so soon after I bought this one. The style is quite similar except for the oak ok the nose but it seemed to tone down a bit in the glass, resulting in a less Spätburgunder-esque nose eventually. It is very far from a showy wine but the drinkability is great and it just loves to be paired with food, lasagne in this case.

• 2016 David Duband Côte de Nuits Villages - France, Burgundy, Côte de Nuits, Côte de Nuits Villages (1.2.2022)
    Perhaps surprisingly on the nose the first thing you notice is the dry, savory oak before the bright red cherry, cranberry, slight dustiness and minerally tones. I don’t find the wood one bit disturbing, mind you, it’s just very obviously there. The palate is wonderfully low in weight with plentiful fresh dark fruit, uplifting acidity and appropriate tannic grip. With little to no fat this is certainly similar to the Bourgogne but with more structure. On the palate the oak seems quite perfectly integrated and the wine comes off as honest, impeccably balanced and just extremely well made, for my money quintessential Burgundy.

Posted from CellarTracker