TN- 2016 Dame de Montrose - best QPR of the vintage?

This thread bump is timely! Had a bottle of this last weekend. And I am not sure it is the QPR of the vintage, I think Lafon Rochet and Tronquoy Lalande would give serious competition in St Estephe alone. It would be a super fun blind showdown for sure. However, it is a stunning second wine and worth every bit of the ~$45 tariff. It is still drinking super young, but after a few hours of air was able to pick up on the distinct black marine saltiness I find to be a signature of the grand vin. Will be buying more.

2016 Pedesclaux is really a lovely wine. I donā€™t know if itā€™s really QPR of the vintage, but I opened one late last week after this thread got rolling and thoroughly enjoyed it. Fairly light on its feet at 13.3% abv, but really beautiful clean fruit with a lot more classic pauillac going on. Fruit is open enough that it, and not lead pencil, was the star of the show. Wife and I both really enjoyed it. I think I paid $40 or something when it first came out?

1 Like

Yes the '16. New to dā€™Issan and didnā€™t takes any notes, so unfortunately, I canā€™t be much more helpful than that. I paid $31.

1 Like

Anyone tried cos yet? Me and thr boyz all bought a case each and it is a standoff on who will open one first

Had one a few weeks ago myself and I concur. Much better than when I previously tried it.